The family of a 13-year-old Australian girl who died from “chroming” has urged action to prevent similar deaths from occurring.
“We want to help other children not fall into the silly trap of doing this silly thing. It’s unquestionable that this will be our crusade,” Paul Haynes, the girl’s father, told Australian outlet the Herald Sun. “No matter how much you lead a horse to water, anyone can drag them away. It’s not something she would have done on her own.
“The ripple effect is that this is absolutely devastating. We’ve got no child to bring home.”